Men’s golf finishes second at Sun Belt Championship
MUSCLE SHOALS, Ala. - Hunter Green carded a two-under 70 for the second consecutive day, but it wasn’t enough for the Middle Tennessee men’s golf team as the Blue Raiders ended the event in second after recording a six-over 294 in the third and final round at The Fighting Joe Course at the The Shoals Golf Club in Muscle Shoals, Ala.
The Blue Raiders concluded the event at 17-over, eight strokes off the pace of champion North Texas.
Brett Patterson also picked up all-conference honors, shooting a two-over 74 to end in a tie for fourth at three-over. The sophomore did most of his damage on Wednesday on the back nine, racking up four birdies over the final seven holes.Green finished second in the 55-player field at one-over, earning All-Sun Belt honors for the third consecutive season. The senior tallied four birdies in the round, and ended three strokes shy of the individual crown, which was taken home by NT’s Ty Spinella.
Andrew Cho recorded his best round of the event with a 74, ending the event 38th at 19-over.
MT will now await to learn of its NCAA Tournament fate next month. Official announcement of the 2012 regional field will take place on May 9.
1. North Texas – 298-282-293=873 (+9)
2. Middle Tennessee – 298-289-294=881 (+17)
3. Louisiana – 311-288-293=892 (+28)
4. UALR – 308-293-297=892 (+28)
5. South Alabama – 306-300-295=901 (+37)
6. Troy – 317-294-299=910 (+46)
7. Denver – 321-291-302=914 (+50)
8. Florida Atlantic – 316-300-310=926 (+62)
9. ULM – 327-297-304=928 (+64)
10. WKU – 321-314-294=929 (+65)
11. Arkansas State – 314-303-313=930 (+66)